- Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
- Can you give examples in scripture where God’s persistent grace changed people’s hearts and their trajectory…how they went from failure to victory or being “on the shelf” to being useful? In what ways have you experienced that? Or are you still running away from what God is asking of you? What does persistent grace look like in your life?
- What is the internal process that God uses to bring us to a point of complete surrender (trace it out in Jonah’s prayer)? If God desires from us our full participation or commitment, what shortcuts or different routes are tempting you to be less than “all in?”
- What do you notice about God’s command to Jonah in 1:1 and again in 3:1? We can only speculate, but do you think there is any significance in the wording?
- What are the “dangers” you can see in thinking of God as a God of second chances? What does God desire to produce in us? How is that working in your life?