Planks, Pigs, Dogs, and Pearls
In His famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus teaches us His way of living in the Kingdom.
- Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
- What does Jesus really mean here when he talks about judging? Never evaluating? Always accepting everything? What does the plank and sawdust tell us about the attitudes behind judging?
- Has God ever brought home the truth of what Jesus is saying in verses 1 -5 to you in a very personal way? What was that lesson like for you?
- 6 is a bit of a puzzler. One key to understanding it is the idea behind a pearl or something sacred, as is mentioned in Matthew 13:45-46. What is Jesus saying in verse 6?
- This whole portion of the sermon is about relationships. How does the “ask, seek, knock” type of persevering prayer fit into this context?
- What are some conclusions you can draw about prayer from these verses? Do you always get what you ask for? Why not? What does this mean then?