Out of the Depths
1. Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
2. What are the implications of God “preparing” the great fish? Can you recall events or circumstances in your life when God “prepared” something for you to learn something deeply in your heart? What was it and what did you learn?
3. Grace is such a hard concept for us to grasp. What is the definition of grace (there were several given in the sermon)? There are two parts to grace. Can you flesh that out? Describe how grace has affected and changed you.
4. Why does Jonah reference the temple in his prayer?
5. How do you arrive at a true understanding of grace? Why does coming to grips with grace in your life propel you into a life of love and faith?
6. Re-read the prayer of Jonah from the great fish. Re-write the prayer from your personal perspective as if you had prayed it.