Offer Hospitality to One Another
- Point 1: The Motivation
- Point 2: The Command
- Point 3: The Action
- What challenged you or encouraged you from the message this week?
- Read 1 Peter 4:7-11. What do you notice from these verses? Are there certain words or phrases that stick out to you?
- Read verse 7. What do you think Peter means when he writes, “The end of all things is near”? How does knowing that Christ’s return is near influence the way we live our lives? How does it affect our prayer life?
- Read verse 8. What does it mean to “love each other deeply”? How does love within a Christian community “cover over a multitude of sins”?
- Read verse 9. Using your own words what does it mean to offer hospitality? Why do you think that Peter added “without grumbling”?
- Do you find it easy to offer hospitality? Why or why not?
- How do prayer, love, hospitality, and service work together to strengthen the Christian community?
- How can you extend hospitality to the people you come into contact this week?
- What is one thing God is calling you to do as a result of what you have heard today? By God’s grace, how can you apply this to your life this week?