Life in the Kingdom
In His famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus teaches us His way of living in the Kingdom.
- Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
- Read Mark 1:14; Luke 8:1 and 9:1-2; Acts 28:31; and Matthew 4:23. What is the kingdom of God?
- The concepts in this sermon are seemingly impossible to live. Is Jesus saying these are entrance requirements to get into the kingdom or are they an invitation to the way life is lived in the kingdom? Why do you say that? (The answer to this question drives the entire way you understand this sermon).
- Three key words in this sermon are “happiness, righteousness, and kingdom.” Find these words (or concepts) in this sermon and describe how they might have a counter-cultural definition.
- Do you see any pattern in this sermon that corresponds to the law of the Old Testament? How is the message different?
Read ahead in next week’s text: Matthew 5:3-12