Grace & Grit: 2nd Timothy 4:1-8
Hear these words of serious encouragement:
- Be a herald of the word!
- Keep your head in all situations!
- Assess the legacy you are leaving!
- Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
- What evidence do we have that this charge, though encouraging in the spurring on sense, is very serious to Paul?
- What similarities do you see in 4:2 and 3:16 from last week? What are the positive verbs and the negative verbs in verse 2? What safeguards does Paul put in place so our words are not harsh?
- Describe what might be the type of preaching that is fleshed out in verses 4 and 5.
- What are the hardest areas of your life for you to “keep your head?”
- As you assess your own life thus far, how does it compare to what Paul says in verses 6-8?