Grace & Grit: 2nd Timothy 1:9-18
Grace and Grit
- Grace: The enabling power and love of God (to believe, grow, and persevere) offered freely and undeserved.
- Grit: A trait of courage, resilience, perseverance, passion, and character which fuels people to reach an objective.
Finding your “Why”
- Don’t Be Ashamed – Do the Work
- The Grace of God and the Big Why
- Paul’s Example of Grace and Grit
- When Suffering Hits Home
- What challenged you or encouraged you from the message today?
- Have you given thought to your “Why”? What motivates you?
- Have you ever felt ashamed or scared to share what you believe about Jesus? Why?
- How does the gospel motivate followers of Christ to live for Jesus and share the gospel?
- In what ways can Paul’s example encourage us to live more fully for Christ?
- Have you ever been disappointed or let down by other Christians? How does Paul handle being abandoned by other followers of Christ?