Calamity at Sea
- Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
- As you read this entire passage, how does it reveal that the sailors actually acted better than Jonah did? What irony do you see in the exchange between the captain and Jonah in 1:5-6?
- What do you think Jonah’s reasons might have been for falling asleep? Recall a time when you “slept” through God’s movement in your life. What was your reason?
- What does Jonah learn from the sailors? What do the sailors learn from Jonah?
- As you observe the church today, what are some of the indicators that the church has fallen asleep in regards to the lost? Do you see any “storms” the Spirit has sent to awaken God’s people? How about for you personally?