A Better Way!
In His famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus teaches us His way of living in the Kingdom.
- Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
- Which of Jesus’ stories about a better way to respond to conflict resonated with you?
- What did you learn about the three.
- Read Romans 12:17-21. How does Matthew 5:38-41 and this passage inform a Biblical view of retaliation and vengeance?
- What is your instinctive response to insults and demands on your goods/possessions? How do these verses challenge that instinct?
- Where do you love only those who love you? To whom are you kind? For whom do you pray, share life with, even greet/acknowledge?
- Read Matthew 5:48, I Peter 1:14-16, and I Peter 2:9-10. God was, is, and always will be perfect. When we become followers of Jesus we do not become perfect. So how do you reconcile these three passages of scripture? Note the relationship of a father and son.
Read ahead in next week’s text: Matthew 6:1-6;16-18