1st Peter 1:22-25
October 11, 2020
Scripture: 1 Peter 1:22-25
Pastor Erik Miller
Our new identity in Christ changes us to love like Jesus.
- Our new identity changes relationships
- Our new identity redefines love
- Our new identity provides perspective
- What challenged you or encouraged you from the message this week?
- Read 1 Peter 1:22-25. What do you notice about these verses? In your own words, what are the major ideas in this passage?
- Read 1 Peter 1:22: According to this verse, what is the result of being saved? How does Peter describe love? Why is loving this way important?
- Describe the love that Peter talks about in practical terms. How do Christians love this way? What keeps us from loving this way?
- Read John 13:34-35: Why is loving others so important to the evangelism? How does the way Christians love one another make Christianity appealing to world around them?
- How does a biblical understanding of love differ from the way the culture understands love? How is it the similar?
- Read Philippians 2:1-11: Jesus modeled the love of God in everything he did. What does it mean for us to love others like Christ?
- Think of your favorite song about love. How does the writer of this song understand love? How is this song’s understanding of love similar or different than God’s understanding?
- Read 1 Peter 1:23-25: What is Peter saying in these verses? How does this truth help to change our perspective about live and what is truly important?
- What is one thing God is calling you to do as a result of what you have heard today? By God’s grace, how can you apply this to your life this week?