1 Peter 2:9-10
Engaging life with fortitude and confidence:
This is your identity!
- You are a chosen people
- You are a royal priesthood.
- You are a holy nation.
- You are God’s special possession.
This is your purpose!
This is your stranding!
1. Did the Holy Spirit speak to you about anything today?
2. What does it mean to be a chosen people, a royal priesthood, and a holy
nation? Who were the chosen people of the Old Testament? How did
people become a part of this special group in the Old Testament? (Deut.
7:6, Isaiah 43:21)
3. In the New Testament, who is now the chosen people, a royal priesthood,
and a holy nation? What is it that determines who is a part of this chosen
people and nation? Read Galatians 3:26-29.
4. What “identity markers” put boundaries between people? How about in
the church? How does being a holy nation take those boundaries down?
5. In what ways does being reminded of this central idea of who you are in
Christ help you in times of persecution and trial? In what ways do you
live out your identity in Christ on a daily basis?
6. In what ways can God’s people declare the praises or excellencies of God
7. Everyone has a story about how God has rescued them from darkness
into light. How do you declare God’s excellencies in light of your own
personal story of transformation?
8. How does your standing as God’s people who have been shown mercy
and who have the right to call him your God affect your Christian life?