1 Peter 2:11-17
The way we live matters to the mission of God
- The Mission of God
- The Witness of Battling Sin
- The Witness of Submission
- What challenged you or encouraged you from the message this week?
- Read 1 Peter 2:11-17. What do you notice about these verses? In your own words, what are the major ideas in this passage?
- Read 1 Peter 2:11-12: What is the major command in this section of Scripture? What is the motivation for abstaining from sin?
- How does living a life of integrity witness to the world around? How do “good deeds” lead to glorifying God?
- Read Matthew 5:13-16: How do Peter’s instructions reflect the teaching of Jesus on being salt and light? Give an example of what this could look like in everyday life.
- Read 1 Peter 2:13-17: What do you notice about the role of Government in this passage? Name a few reasons why Christians would be hesitant to submit to their government.
- What is the motivation for obedience in verse 13? How does doing good affect a Christian’s witness for Jesus?
- Read 1 Peter 2:17 again. This is a powerful command for believers. How would our Christian witness be improved if we showed the proper respect to everyone, loved the family of believers, feared God and honored the emperor?
- Given the circumstances in our country right now, how does this passage challenge you and/or encourage you?
- What is one thing God is calling you to do as a result of what you have heard today? By God’s grace, how can you apply this to your life this week?