1 Peter 2:1-3
Scripture: 1 Peter 2: 1-3
God’s word is the way to grow us to be like Christ.
- Desire God’s word.
- Desire healthy relationships
- Desire God’s goodness
- What challenged you or encouraged you from the message this week?
- Read 1 Peter 2:1-3. What do you notice about these verses? What analogies does Peter use? What truths do they convey? In your own words, what are the major ideas in this passage?
- Read 1 Peter 2:2: This is the core command of this section. What does it mean to “crave pure spiritual milk”? (Spiritual milk literally means “milk of the word.”) What is Peter commanding his reader to do?
- What are the results of taking in this spiritual milk? How does this relate to taking in God’s word by listening, reading, and reflecting?
- Read 1 Peter 2:1: Peter connects these verses to the previous section using the word “Therefore.” How does this verse connect to the previous section? (Read 1 Peter 1:22-25)
- Peter tells his audience to remove five different attitudes that will negatively impact Christian community. What words does he use? Define these words.
- Have you seen the attitudes Peter lists in 1 Peter 2:1 in groups in which you have been involved? How did these attitudes affect the group?
- Read 1 Peter 2:3: How is growth in Christ related to our experience of God’s goodness?
- What is one thing God is calling you to do as a result of what you have heard today? By God’s grace, how can you apply this to your life this week?